Monday, December 19, 2011

Pagan Solstice - Coven Rite

Winter Solstice approaches in a day or so. Many Pagans do some kind of ritual that may be personal/public. I was taken in by a Wiccan Coven after rejection by my "Christian" family (who kicked me out of their home). I agree with many of their beliefs, particularly the Rede which says: "do no harm" and the attunement to the earth. I would like to become more involved but because of my "Christian" heritage and my gun-shy fear of religion, I am hesitant and have doubts.

OK, maybe I'll never become a Witch (my year + 1 day from my initiation is almost up), or at least not a good one. But I do like the Coven and, in particular, their rituals. Solstice will be no exception.

This Solstice we will probably watch the sunset, make a fire at the beach if the weather allows (it is usually windy & foggy here in SF) and then return to Holly's dungeon. From here on I would describe our BDSM rituals, so for those who are squeamish about the topic, maybe proceed to the conclusion?

In this Coven the women are more connected to the Wicca and are considered the priestesses. Men could advance but the guys in this group (partners of the women) are like me: a bit too far from the first rung of the Wiccan ladder. We pay the price for being so daft; we are used as sacrifices to the Dieties.

The rites involve bondage, whipping (pain play), wax play with candles and ritual submission to our partners.

OK, if you're uptight about strange religious practices, or freaked out about the right-wing Evangelical Christian morality, you might want to bail on this post. I have more details of the rituals in my other blog (dave94015.blogspot.com) .

Well, I have to leave this post for now but I will continue it after the Solstice ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment